Saturday, March 9

The Rose - Death is the Only Certainty

Today, I saw the rose on the table which my boyfriend has given me on Valentine's Day. Something was different about it. It was no longer vibrant. It has died. Mold has grown on it and a dull, brownish color of death and decay has replaced the once fragrant and bright pinkish rose.

A weird sensation overwhelmed me. 

How can something so beautiful be reduced to this in a matter of weeks. As I examined it, it reminded me of my own mortality. As I threw the rose away, it reminded me that things, no matter how grand/beautiful/good they are, will be gone one day.


Before we continue, join me in paying tribute to the Rose.


I would like to get you to try this.

Put aside 5 minutes, plug in your ear piece, and fully immerse in this song.
Fully immerse yourself in the music, the lyrics, and if you want, sing along.
All I ask is for you to Be in the moment as you listen to this song.

Click HERE if video doesn't work


---

How are you feeling now? Did you gain any realizations? 


More often than not, we tend to look outwards for answers. Some of us go blog-hopping, reading articles after articles, hoping to find a solution to a problem we may have. But how often do we look within?

Here's the truth. There are no short cuts. There is no easy way out. You will have to WORK HARD to make anything work. You have your answers within you. You know what to do. It is just about having the courage to do it. 

We are all like the Rose. Life is short. Like it all or not, we will all die one day. Before it is too late, let us let go of our fear and live our live to the fullest, to pursue our dreams and achieve our fullest potential! 

Just remember that, in your journey to pursue your dreams, no matter what difficulties you face, Winter will turn to Spring, and with the Sun's Love ( the help of the Universe), you will bloom (succeed).



"It's the heart afraid of breaking, that never learns to dance. It's the dream afraid of waking, that never takes the chance. It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give. And the soul, afraid of dyin', that never, learns to live."
- Bette Midler, The Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment