Wednesday, December 7

When was the last time you stopped to question yourself?

Take a minute to ask yourself this today.
Why are you doing what you are doing?

Have a specific scenario in your mind. Some examples could be...why are you in the job you are in? Or why are you in the relationship you are in? Or why are you in your course of studies? Answer truthfully.
a) I am doing it because I have no other choice
b) I am doing it because I feel that I should
c) I am doing it because someone else told me to
d) I am doing it because I want to
Even though 2 individuals may be embarking on the same tasks, more often than not, they are coming from very different motivations.
If you answered a, b or c, it's time to take a step back and re-examine the situation. What you are doing is energy draining, it is not sustainable and will cause you to move further and further away from your true self. Start to look deep within yourself and ask yourself, what is it you really want? Of course, we do not expect change to happen overnight, but start by planting a seed. Re-calibrate your compass towards your true north.
If you answered d, congrats! What you are doing gives you energy. Keep doing what you are doing. You are being true to yourself, and by being your best self, you are able to share your unique gifts with the world.
With Love,
Yu Ting

No comments:

Post a Comment