Tuesday, October 9

7 Feel-Good Songs


We all have our bad days. We feel down. When I am feeling low, I like to listen to consciousness-raising songs to lift my spirits. Like how medicine heals the body, music heals the soul. Why allow ourselves to remain sad and depressed all day when we can cheer ourselves up with some good music?

I have compiled a list of 7 songs which I listen to feel-good and would like to share them with you!

1. The Greatest Day – Take That


This is an awesome song which I like to listen to, to start my day. It reminds me that TODAY is a Great Day and could possibly be the Greatest Day of my life. Listening to this song pumps me up and prepares me to take on the world.

 It makes me look forward to each day with excitement and anticipation. It reminds me to SEIZE THE DAY, live in the moment, and live life to the fullest, because we never know when we will run out of time. An excellent song to wake up to!



2. It’s My Life – Bon Jovi


This is another great song LOADED with positive energy. I can listen to this song over and over again without getting bored of it. No wonder this is an all-time favorite! This song serves as a reminder that we have only ONE life, we only live it once, and therefore, we should live it to the fullest. It is time we TAKE CHARGE of our lives, and not live life trying to live up to the expectations of others. 

Many times, we find ourselves pushing our dreams aside to join the rat race, make our parents proud, or simply to earn more money. It’s YOUR life! If you have a dream, pursue it, because, it’s NOW OR NEVER. Listen to this song to gain the courage to do so!

3. Come What May- Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor


“Come what may, come what may…I will love you, until my dying dayyy.” This song first appeared in Moulin Rouge when I was 14. Moulin Rouge is a musical about the love between a Courtesan (Nicole Kidman) and a duke (Ewan McGregor). This song caught my ears because it was sung so passionately, so filled with love. I was moved by the song. 

Recently, this song found its way back into my playlist, however, this time, the song took on new meaning. It did not come as a promise between two lovers, but a promise of love to myself. It hit me that no matter what happens, come what may, I am going to be there to support myself, love myself, and see myself through. This song serves as a good reminder of my realization that no matter what, I will be there for me. Listen to it with that perspective and you will gain new strength!

4. For the Longest Time- Billy Joel


I really love this song. This is another classic by Billy Joel. It’s light-hearted and catchy tune makes you want to sing along. It is about a guy falling for a girl and wishing for the girl to be his. Songs about LOVE are often lovely. Love is something I am sure all of us are able to relate to in one way or another. This is a feel-good song and often I find myself moving to the groove.

5. Spanish Song- Ricky Martin in duet with Natalia Jimenez


I love Spanish Songs! They so full of life and energy! Ricky Martin also sang an English version of this song ‘The Best Thing about Me is You,” but somehow I prefer the Spanish version to it. I also love Natalia‘s dress. It looks so vibrant! When I first chanced upon this song, I found myself trying to sing along even though I do not know how to speak Spanish. Never mind you don’t understand it, just listen to it to get the happy and fun vibes!

6. If I Die Young- The Band Perry


When I listen to songs, I will usually focus on the lyrics. I will fall in love with the song when the lyrics are meaningful and if the lyrics are not to my liking, I will not give it a second thought. This song changed my mind. My boyfriend pointed this song out to me, notice the part at the 2 mins mark. The music is really nice. It is a guitar(or is it some other instrument) solo. After listening closely to the background music instead of the lyrics, I found new appreciation for the song. Listen out for the catchy tune!

7. Rhythm of Love- Plain White Ts


This song is the perfect song to listen to while chilling by the beach. It gives you the warm and fuzzy goody feeling.  And before you know it, you will find yourself smiling at how beautiful life is. 
The perfect scenario would be snuggling in bed during a thunderstorm, with a cuppa of hot chocolate in one hand, and good book in another, with this song playing soothingly in the background. This is life. 


                                                                                ***
Thank you for reading through this list. I hope you enjoyed the feel-good songs I have compiled.

Do leave a comment and share with us if you know of any songs which should make it to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment