Monday, October 8

Wake up Yuting, wake up!!!

Life is beautiful. Life is short. Cherish every moment of it. This picture cleverly captures the different stages of life with the different seasons. One thing for sure, we come into the world alone, and we will leave the world alone too.


I realized I have been sleepwalking through life. 

23 years of my life. Gone like that. 

Why do I say I have been sleep-walking? Because for most parts of my life, I have been living unconsciously. I was just blindly following the path. The path designed for us by society, one that produces productive workers that will continue churning money for the economy. Let me explain.

The wheel is spinning out of hand. 


With each generation, we are expected to spin faster and faster and faster, we are the factors of production in this equation. To ensure that returns are many times that of investment, we will have to generate returns that  are many times worth our value. 

It has come to the stage where everything is happening so quickly that we do not have time to comprehend what is going on around us. All we do now is to keep studying and studying, working and working, in order not to fall behind the rat race.

I was a victim. 

I spent the last 16 years of my life studying blindly. I studied hard. Studied blindly. The courses I chose in Secondary School were planned in a way such that I will have the most options available for me to choose from in University. The courses I chose in University in turn granted me the most variety of options when I graduated. But I did not know what I wanted. And because I did not know what I wanted, I ended up taking general degrees. I did not want to risk taking the plunge and ending up with something I do not like.

This is what many Singaporeans are guilty of. We often choose something that is 'safe'. Accounting is a popular choice not because it is fun ( on the contrary, it may be one of the most boring degree ever), but because it ensures a stable job after graduation. Business is popular because it is where the money is. 

But what about a degree in arts or the humanities? 

These are courses that teaches us how to be human. To get in touch with the social side of things. It broadens your mind and your world perspective. These are the courses we need more of, but because of the vague job prospects, they are not very popular among youths nowadays. 

I am sorry, I have digressed.

Back to me. 

I am always busy even though I have no idea where my time and energy went to. I am always filling my day with random activities. I do not have a clear purpose in mind (well, even if I do, I am not putting efforts to achieve it). My mindset has always been NEXT TIME. I will do it the NEXT holidays. Are you like that too?

It is time for change.

I am going to wake up. To live a fully conscious life. To live to my fullest potential. To experience life to the fullest, life's beauty, life's colors. To feel the love and wonders of the universe. I will start today. Will you join me in this adventure to rediscover life for yourself?

The first things we should do is to define our purpose.

What is my current purpose? How is my life like right now?

Right now, I just live my life day by day without a specific goal in mind. My imposed purpose is just to study hard, get good results and do my parents proud. Having done them proud is good enough for me. I have not been living for myself. I have always been living for the expectations of others. All my life I have been BUSY LIVING UP TO THE EXPECTATIONS of others.

What I am doing now is not in line with my real purpose.

This is my true purpose. I am living for a higher purpose.

My Mission Statement
1. To develop my highest state of consciousness. Achieve my fullest potential and live my best life by challenging my own limits and improving my worldly knowledge to share with others.
2. To constantly radiate positive energy, do everything with love; touch lives of others’ to enable them live their best lives.

STOP LIVING UP TO THE EXPECTATIONS OF OTHERS! LIVE UP TO YOUR OWN EXPECTATIONS.

Have you defined your purpose? 

What's next is you should create a list of things you are willing to invest your energy in, and put in your all! Do you know why I use the word 'INVEST'? It is because each investment will reap triple the results! Contrary to common sense, investing one unit of energy doing something you like will not result in you having one unit less of energy to operate, in fact, you will gain more energy!

Try it! The results are amazing! You will not even feel tired if you are caught in the flow.

Things I am willing to invest my energy in
  1. Learning dancing the cool kind (CCA in school!)- Cardiodance-so put in your maximum effort, take lessons seriously and do it well! Don’t waste your time!
  2. Meditation 
  3. Learning to be a coach
  4. Start a blog which inspires others.
  5. Web graphic designing
  6. Being a leader for an event 
  7. Learning photography
  8. Fluent in third language
  9. Learn to cook and bake
  10. Volunteering on regular basis
  11. Reading articles related to subject of interest to increase depth
  12. Social entrepreneurship
  13. Travelling alone and writing in nice café
  14. Netball
  15. Watch Peaceful Warrior
  16. Being a Dean Lister
Way to go! I am getting excited already! Do you have your list ready?

It's time to start doing something about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment